PADI Course Director
A PADI Course Director is an instructor trainer who conducts PADI Instructor Development Courses and other instructor-level training. As a result a PADI Course Director holds the highest and most respected professional rating in recreational scuba diving. They are among the dive industry’s most influential opinion leaders and role models. Those who join this elite group of professionals pass through a stringent screening process that examines their experience and training just to get into the competitive and demanding Course Director Training Course (CDTC).
Camille is a Platinum PADI Course Director since PADI introduced this rating in 2006 in the Asia Pacific region and has now received this rating for an unprecedented twelfth consecutive time, making him one of the very few PADI Course Directors worldwide who have received this rating uninterrupted since it’s inauguration.
In 2017 he’s one of only 80 PADI Course Directors who received this rating out of which 25 are in the Asia Pacific region.
This translates to his vast amount of experience that he has accumulated over the years being a Platinum PADI Course Director and the high passing rates for his PADI IDC candidates during the PADI IE.
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Course Director Training Course.
Camille in conjunction with PADI 5* IDC Center ‘Neptune Diving Adventures’ can offer special packages for staffing on the way to become a PADI Course Director, including preparing you for and helping you out with the involved paperwork for the CDTC.
What You Learn as a PADI Course Director
During the PADI CDTC, you learn how to conduct PADI Instructor Development programs and gain experience in developing scuba educators. The PADI CDTC is conducted by PADI Office Staff.
What You Can Teach as a PADI Course Director
After successful completion of the PADI CDTC you can teach the following PADI courses and programs:
- PADI Instructor Development Courses (IDCs) and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) programs
- The PADI IDC Staff Instructor course
- PADI Status Updates
- After certification as a PADI Specialty Instructor Trainer, you can also teach PADI Specialty Instructor Courses
The Prerequisites For This Course
To take this course, you must:
- Be a renewed, teaching status PADI Master Instructor for at least the past six months
- Have no verified Quality Assurance complaints for at least the past 12 months
- Conduct all PADI certification courses and experience programs using methods consistent with PADI Standards and philosophy as outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual for at least the past 12 months.
- Exclusively use the complete PADI System of diver education including all appropriate PADI training materials for at least the past 12 months.
- Certified as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor
- Have staffed at least two complete IDCs after being certified as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor
- Certified as a current Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer
- Experience working with a PADI dive shop or resort
- Have a minimum of 250 logged dives
- Meet all other requirements as specified by PADI at the time of application