The PADI IDC
The curriculum of the PADI IDC or Instructor Development Course consists of two parts. First of all we have the PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course and furthermore there’s the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. The IDC Prep course is included at no extra cost in all of Camille’s programs. Combining all parts, the two day IDC Prep course, the four day AI Course and the four day OWSI program into a continuous program makes up for our 10 day IDC program, including the EFR Instructor cours.
Our next PADI IDC starts
26th JULY 2017
With our award winning and Platinum PADI Course Director Camille Lemmens you will have a fun and rewarding PADI IDC.
Successfully completing the AI course earns you the Assistant Instructor rating and consequently will allow you to work as Instructional Assistant. As a result you can independently conduct certain PADI programs. AI course completion also qualifies you to participate in the OWSI program.
During the AI and OWSI program it is important to understand that the staff will concentrate on your skill and knowledge development, not testing. The resort setting that we work in provides a low-stress environment that allows you to relax, which makes the learning easier. During the program our team of highly experienced staff will be on hand to offer you all the support you need.
Successfully completing the OWSI program (or an entire PADI IDC) makes you eligible to participate in the PADI Instructor Examination (IE).
The PADI IE is an evaluative program that tests your teaching ability, dive knowledge, skill level and understanding of the PADI system, attitude and professionalism. Instructor Candidates become Open Water Scuba Instructors only after successfully completing an IE.
PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR COURSE
The PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course is a further step forward to becoming an experienced diving educator. It will make your transition from diving leadership to diving professional smoother and stress free.
The course is performance based and an IE Candidate will be required to pass practical tests and written theory and PADI standards Exams.
Furthermore the course will familiarize you with PADI Standards & Procedures to all aspects of teaching, effective academic presentations, assisting in the conduct and organization of PADI courses from PADI Discover Scuba Diving up to specialties and leadership courses such as PADI Divemaster and AI.
OPEN WATER SCUBA INSTRUCTOR (OWSI)
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program is a five day program that introduces you to the entire PADI System. In addition this program will focus further on developing your abilities as a professional dive educator.
Assistant Instructors or those who have completed the AI portion of the IDC as well as Instructors from other diver training organizations who want to become PADI Instructors (crossover) must complete this portion of the IDC program. Successfully completing this program qualifies you to attend a PADI Instructor Examination (IE).
WHAT IS IN THE OWSI COURSE
During the course you will give at least two confined water teaching presentations, two knowledge development presentations and two Open Water teaching presentations. You will also participate in continuing education workshops like the Advanced Open Water Diver and Rescue Diver courses.
During the complete PADI IDC, Camille will conduct a few more workshops. This is especially relevant since they cover various aspects of being a scuba instructor. Consequently this will prepare you for life as a PADI Instructor after the IE!
Furthermore you will need to meet specific performance requirements in order to pass the IDC. Like the AI Course this is a performance based developmental process. You will have several opportunities to meet the performance requirements. On successful completion of the OWSI Course, you will be awarded a PADI IDC completion form which is your passport to the Instructor Examination.
THE LEARNING MATERIALS REQUIRED
The PADI IDC or Instructor Development Course crew-pak includes all the materials needed to prepare for the IDC. The Start up Instructor Training Pack in English Includes:
- Confined & Open Water Cue Cards
- Confined & Open Water Lesson Presentation Slate
- Adventures in Diving Instructor Cue Cards
- Rescue Diver Instructor Cue Cards
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exams Booklet
- Rescue Diver final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster final Exams Booklet
- CD containing Best of USJ-, Children & Diving-, Business of Diving (3 PDF manuals)
- PADI’s Guide to Teaching manual w/Hologram
- Positive Approach Selling DVD
- Specialty Course Instructor Manual (Digital, multilingual version, E, DU, F, S)
PADI IDC COURSE PREREQUISITES
- Dive Leader certification – PADI Divemaster or leadership-level certification with a recognized recreational diver training organization. A you either: a) an instructor member in good standing, or b) a diver with proof of certification in diver supervision and management including proof of rescue diving certification. Do you 60 logged dives and documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation
- Be at least 18 years old
- 60 logged dives (with experience in night, deep and navigation)
- Be a certified diver for at least 6 months
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months
- If not a PADI Divemaster, complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment
- Submit documentation of qualifying certifications for entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership level, as necessary